Beware! CyberSpy...
With recent case where two Singaporeans have been sentenced to jail for posting racist remarks online, one has got to be mindful of his/her blog contents... You never know who's reading your blog! Even worst - SPYING!
Just the other day, i was surprised to learn from a friend of mine (a teacher, by the way) that the school is able to trace all the students' private blog & read their blog posts. Some students have got themselves into trouble with the school, by defaming their teachers & principal on their blog!
So to all my friends who are still student, beware of cyberspy! Blog more responsibly.

1 Comments:
Thought I'd say something since ur last post is like totally related to what I'm learning abt Globalisation n the media haha.. think ppl who log on to the Net on a whole have to be aware tt no matter how careful they are (esp in SG) they are under surveillance. u may nt know it but for example, little information u provide be it online address books n stuff gives the commercial world a loop whole into ur life.
Office ppl beware! Normally u wld be told tt u're being watched b4 u start a job but in case u weren't told, there's a high chance u are. I think basically society today, ppl are insecure & technology in some ways makes us think it gives security & assurance but just a note to say that it works both ways.
I have so much to talk abt this topic it's hard to pen it all down but my perspectives of the world has definitely changed in a sense tt I've learnt to take a step back n think deeper than the surface, focussing more on the bigger picture than on my own individual life through insights from this unit. It also drew me back to God's Word n I was thankful to be assured that despite all the world's turmoils n what technology has to offer - it's securities &/or false securities - I have put my faith in an awesome omnipresent God and can find security in Him.
Just a little sharing on my insights into this topic.. hope I made sense haha! =) Take care guys n hope to catch up with all of ya! Cheers!
*Made for eternity - Ecc 3:11*
Post a Comment
<< Home