Friday, December 24, 2004

Zoom Zoom Zoom

Date: 23rd Dec 2004, Thursday
Time: 14:00hr
Venue: Melbourne Office

I've collected my rental car this morning @ 11:00hr! It's a very old lao pok ka chia... Toyota Corolla hatchback 1987 made... Actually have booked for a manual car but they run out of one, so they gave me an auto instead (at same price). Perhaps God knows my knees couldn't take a manual car...

Still I'm like AUD904 poorer... The cost breakdown:

Deposit: A$200
Rental: A$18.50 per day (x28days) = A$518
Excess Reduction: A$4 per day (x28days) = A$112
Stamp Duty: A$11 (don't know why there is this charge...)
GST: A$63
Total: A$904 for 28 days rent

The excess reduction of A$4 will bring down the excess value from A$1000 to A$500. Decided to take this up for this month's rental only 'cos i'm new with the place & all... So didn't want to take any risk... But next month's rental should save me this A$112 when I cancel the excess reduction scheme... I'm so poor financially now... sigh!

Took photos of the car - view them at "My Photos". But first be mentally prepared before viewing - don't want to cause you any heart attack... hee!

Looks can be deceiving... What matters most is that the car gets me around & it's doing quite ok so far. Fingers crossed though! I depend on it to get me to many sightseeing places over every weekend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home