Friday, December 24, 2004

Waiting - it's the name of the game!

Date: 21 Dec 2004, Tue
Time: 1035am
Venue: Melbourne Office

... still waiting for the IT guy to hook my laptop up on the network... Gosh! Is this guy working or what???

Anyhow, had an induction briefing by the Human Resource lady this morning & guess what? She has arranged to "upgrade" my apartment from a Studio unit to a 1-bedroom unit - where it comes with a kitchen so I can cook myself proper meals (not that I am good at cooking but at least better than leaving on bread, ham & cup noodles because the Studio unit doesn't come with a stove - not going to last me very long that way...)! The best part is - it's paid for by the Company! *YEAH!* Gonna change room tonight when I get back to the serviced apartment & will take some photos of the 1-bedroom so you can have a look!

The HR has also booked a car for my collection this Thursday (23 Dec) & the rental cost amounts to approx. AUD570 per month (AUD19 per day) - the cheapest they can get because it was quoted based on 3 months rental... Of course can't expect a lot from the car - it's a 1988 Toyota Corolla, so I heard. Getting better each day - it seems... Ok, except for the internet & network thingy - where the #@*! is the IT guy???

Well, enjoy this while you can 'cos when I start to get busy with work after the new year, I really doubt I'll have time to give you daily updates - at least not in such great details... There are gonna be some fairs & exhibitions events coming up starting mid-Jan 2005 & I've to be running to event sites & coordinating all the work, etc.

Something interesting about the toilet here... In the female room (I believe the male room too), there are 3 cubicles & as you enter into either of the cubicle, you have to press this round button thingy to switch on the light & the ventilation fan, lock the door & do what you have to do... This button actually acts as some kinda timer & in couple of minutes, the light & ventilation fan will be automatically switched off - you know? the energy saver kinda thing? Cool right? Okay, or am I being a mountain tortoise? Anyway, imagine if someone has some BIG business to do in the cubicle & suddenly the light & ventilation fan went off? Boy, is she gonna be busy pressing the button while she's still at it... Better still, imagine they have the same function for the cubicle door - where it will swing itself open after a while so that people won't skive & hide themselves in the toilet?! Hey! c'mon, it's a joke & you're suppose to laugh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home