This is THE day!
Date: 17 Dec 2004, Fri
Time: 1524hr
Venue: on board SQ217
5 hours later on board Boeing 777 heading for Melbourne... I'm totally bored! Then came the brilliant idea to do something constructive such as taking out my laptop & typing my journal for my blog! Ha! Technology - don't you just loved it?
For those who came to see me off at the Airport today, you've no idea how much it meant to me - thank you! It was good to see all of you (except for one whom I hoped would turn up but did not...). Nonetheless, the photos taken; the conversation & laughter we had were all kept dearly in my memory bank - good enough to last at least for the 6 months away from home...
Though I "survived" the parting moment at the departure gate with a big smile & saying my good-byes - I didn't quite make it later when I was on board the plane, had my cabin bag stowed away in the overhead compartment & suddenly I started to tear... ok, delayed reaction perhaps... but the fact is: I'm going to miss my parents & friends and having to go to a foreign land to start a new work assignment with almost no friend can be overwhelming for me!
Some of you might agree with my dad when he said at the Starbucks that I'm not afraid of being alone - even I would say so to some extend - but I'm not even sure this is true now because we are talking about 6 months not 6 days... The truth is: I've my reservation about what to expect: staying alone, eating alone, traveling alone, spending my weekends alone, shopping alone & what have you... I'm not sure if I can cope with this... I can only pray it'll not be so difficult.
Anyway, guess the guy & his girlfriend sitting next to me must be wondering why I was crying... Then it's the stewardess to my rescue - serving hot towel - just the thing I need to stop my tears! Didn't want to embarrass myself, I found a roll of empty seats behind me & went straight for it. Thank God the plane is not full! So much for the sad things...
Flight was delayed by 20mins because they had to unload someone's luggage from the plane... Breakfast was served & it's time for Kris Movies! Nothing much though - the more happening movies are Cat Woman; Sharks Tale & Princess Diary 2 - which I've like watched 2 out of 3 already at G.V... Soon the in flight entertainment is not so entertaining anymore... took a nap & it's time for lunch - pan fried fish with potatoes & tomatoes! Was surprised when they served Belgium ice cream for dessert - vanilla flavor with strawberries coating... taste terribly sour (for me, at least)!
At altitude of 10972m, with outside temperature of -52 Degree Celsius & Adelaide right below me, it's another hour to Melbourne! There's a time difference of 3 hours between Melbourne & Singapore's time. Local time at Melbourne is now 1929hr while Singapore is only at 1629hr.
What else is there to say except "Melbourne, here I come!"
to be continued...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home