Thursday, January 20, 2005

1-Month Anniversary

Today marks my 1 month anniversary since the day I started work in Melbourne! It's amazing how time files, isn't it? Another 69 days in Melbourne before I move on to Sydney for another 3 months & very soon, I'll be back home!

I'm taking an advise from a colleague who suggested that I should update my blog at least twice a week rather than posting a super long update over the weekend. So here I am, trying to draft something using Microsoft Word & hopefully, post it up later today. If you like this suggestion, you've got to thank Telmi!

Some quick updates on my visit to the 2 Churches last Sunday:

1. Destiny Church Melbourne, service starts at 10.15am every Sunday

It's a Hillsong Network Church - which in short: if you know how Hillsong is, that's how it is in Destiny Church - only the latter is much smaller in scale, think they have probably 100 members or so? If I'm allowed to give a rating of 1-10 (with 1 being the least) of my personal involvement in this service, I'll rate as follows:

  • Worship: 8
  • Sermon: 5

2. Planet Shakers City Church Melbourne, services 4pm & 6.30pm each Sunday

It's an AOG Church & the hall was packed by mostly university students with only a handful of adults (minus the Pastor & the Speaker) - just for one service! Very upbeat worship where most people jump as they sing to the fast songs & I stood there fearing that the floor might give way as we assembled on the 3rd floor of the Storey Hall in RMIT. They should have named themselves Floor Shakers instead of Planet Shakers! =P While I didn't quite flow in with the worship part, the sermon by Chris Hill was very anointed! People streamed to the front for prayer as the Holy Spirit moved powerfully & the Word of God touched many lives. My rating based on how much I was involved/ministered during this service:

  • Worship: 5
  • Sermon: 8

Well, there is 1 more Church I would like to attend this Sunday morning - Manningham Christian Centre before I decide a home church amongst these 3.

Pray with me that God will lead me to the one He has intended for me.

1 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Irregardless of how we might rate the worship or sermon, GOD is always : 10!

Whichever church you choose to attend, GOD is there always.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home